Monday, March 10, 2014

Body Double

I have had my Grey Lady for several years, and I have never been satisfied with her. No matter how adjustable she is, she is NOT my size. I have never been able to put a corset on her, and she was only good for hanging things on.  So, after seeing a lot of references to duck tape dress forms, I decided to fix her. I don't have a before picture, but let's just say that recently, she broke a hip, and was looking like the victim of severe scoliosis.

Here she is now, wearing one of my store-bought corsets



I used a lot of fiberfill padding, duck tape and a measuring tape. Now she's just my size, although the boobs still aren't quite right - the ones on the mannikin are in a weird place and they don't squish properly. I have to say that it wasn't as depressing as I thought it might be. I've gained a lot of weight in the last couple of years, but after looking at her, I don't feel so bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment