Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HSF Challenge #3

The Challenge: Pink

Fabric: Cotton, cotton blend

Pattern: Janet Arnold, 1887 skirt

Year:1887

Notions: none

How historically accurate is it?  Not terribly. The fabric is all wrong, although the construction is right for the time period. The color is ok, too.

Hours to complete:  Approximately 6

First worn: Will be worn for a stage costume, under a much nicer draped over skirt.

Total cost: $2.99 for thread.  All else from my stash.

I consider this a failure. The real challenge was finding enough pink fabric in my stash.  What I found is all wrong for the design. The darker pink was allright - it is a heavy, moire-style cotton I had dyed pink several years ago. But there wasn't enough, so I used this pink/green check with it. The pink/green is too light, so the folds do not keep their shape.  Oh, well. It's good enough to wear under a better draped over skirt that will cover most of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment